The Protege Intelligent 2 Reader Expander provides the interface of up to 4 reader inputs and 2 locking device Outputs to the Protege integrated access control, security and building automation system, an advanced technology security product providing seamless and powerful integration. The Protege Intelligent 2 Reader Expander provides extensive hardware advancements that provide flexible access control, area control and alarm monitoring.
- Connect 2 readers using the independent reader inputs or use the 2 reader operation to connect 4 readers providing dual entry and exit door connection
- Provision to control up to 3 Outputs per reader input with predefined configurations for instant connection (red LED, green LED and buzzer control)
- Support for intelligent reader tamper operation the system will monitor the reader for reader keep-alive transmissions using the programmed protocol
- Data received display indicates a valid decode of the format on the DATA indicator and the reader number the information was received (2 reader mode)
- Individually fused and monitored reader power supply protected with auto reset electronic polythermal fuse and monitored reader supply voltage
- Power Output indicator shows power is available on the reader voltage Output
- Over 45 formats predefined for simple configuration, additional formats added using the format builder or implemented directly using the firmware update function